Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cookies and Sweets

Christmas is that time of year we indulge in sweet things that we (in theory) avoid the rest of the year. I make Christmas cookies, myself, every year. Butter, sugar, gingerbread.

At Halloween, Epicurious had a fun twist on the gingerbread cookie. You can get the recipe here. My friend had come up from L.A. and we had a blast decorating these little guys. If your friends really know how dark you are, you might be able to get away with giving these for Christmas. I mean, gingerbread is gingerbread, right? And you can't go wrong with white frosting.

Epicurious also had a mention of chocolate skulls made by Valerie Confections in L.A. They come packed in a coffin shaped box and run $20. I'm not sure if they're seasonal only, or if the store carries them year-round, but it's worth asking for them if you have a taste for these grim little sweets.

I suppose you could go with more traditional Holiday treats, to keep your family from rolling their eyes. Or getting that white coat with the really long sleeves for your Yule gift.

But can you imagine the look on your mother-in-law's face? Heh.




No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.