Tuesday, May 19, 2009

BHG and BHG

Source.
"Huh? BHG and BHG? What the heck is she talking about?"

Better Homes and Gardens AND Badder Homes and Gardens. Two brilliant sources for A+ decorations (indoor and out) for Halloween and other times of year.

All of us know about Better Homes and Gardens Magazine. If you don't know about it, you were probably in a Turkish prison for the last forty years or so, or perhaps are just very good at playing hide-and-seek.

Be that as it may, you may not realize that Better Homes and Gardens has a nifty archive of Halloween projects of various kinds, plus some of their favorite reader submissions. Outdoor decorations (though nothing quite as cool as what we home haunters make), indoor decorations, costumes for humans and for pets.

I really enjoyed a couple of their table decorations, too. The one down side is that you have to put up with perky housewife terminology like, "Groovy Graveyard," and "Midnight Merriment Cemetery Decor for Halloween." And that last one was really deceptive advertising. I mean, Midnight Merriment makes me picture those good old days dancing widdershins around Great Grandma's old cast iron cauldron, not badly made tombstones!

Enter Badder Homes and Gardens.

At long last, I took the time to follow the link from The Art of Darkness' blog to Badder Homes and Gardens. I'm glad I did.

Snide, snarky, crude, fun-loving, completely offensive to those easily offended. I love every blog entry. The girls have a great sense of style and an eye for design. ("He has your father's eyes." "Gomez, take those out of his mouth!")

I found these pillows by brokesy through the Badder Homes and Gardens site.

There are lots of unusual finds on this site, so take a minute and check it out!

2 comments:

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.