Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Funny Convo



As all of you know, I went to Los Angeles for Christmas. While I was away, Mr. ShellHawk ordered Chinese food from a great place here in town. When the delivery showed up, a funny conversation ensued. The delivery guy is Chinese, and has a heavy accent. I write in that accent to keep things accurate, not to poke fun.

Delivery Guy: Hi! Good to see you again! You not order in long time!
Mr. ShellHawk: We're trying to eat healthier and save some money by not eating out so much.
Delivery Guy: Ah! I understand. Economy very bad. People not order so much.
Mr. ShellHawk nods in agreement.
Delivery Guy: And where is your wife? She not in Garage of Doom!
Much laughter on Mr. ShellHawk's side.

Apparently, there was a lot of Chinese ordered in Summer, when I was in the garage, building the cemetery.

Funny how even the delivery guy calls it The Garage of Doom.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! That is just too funny!! Hum, now I seem to be hungry for Chinese food...... :D

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny.

    Remember Pink Dot in LA?

    I was once hermited in a old apt. of mine for 3 weeks working on a "in over my head" type project day and night to meet a deadline. I ordered from them so often that one day the delivery guy said

    "Same time tomorrow?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. D.L. Nice to know I'm not the only one.
    And yes, I do remember Pink Dot. There's still one on Sunset Bl. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.