Thursday, January 7, 2010

News from the Garage of Doom


You all have probably noticed a shift in my posts in the last week- a little spotty, and definitely short. It's because my time is shifting towards producing an income for myself through the manufacture of some of my pieces.

Truth is, I know nothing about manufacturing, nor how to get a corporate entity-like Target, for instance-to say, "Why, yes, ShellHawk, we really love your most amazing thingamabob and think the masses will, too!" I'm slogging through a book right now, hoping I'll get some idea of how to go about this.

I know only three things right now:

1. I know what I want manufactured.
2. I know I would love the entire product to be made in America, but the costs will likely make it impossible.
3. I want my name on it-similar to "Vera Wang for Target"-so I can expand it yearly and maintain at least a modicum of control.

So I'd like to ask for input on this topic. If anyone has any real experience with this-manufactuing on a large scale, as well as getting a corporation to distribute-please let me know. If you're a manufacturer and can give me some guidance on getting both ceramic and plastic blow-mold-type things made on a larger scale, please don't hesitate to contact me. If you're Target or Kohl's, let's do lunch and talk about the amazing things I can do for your Halloween designs.

Thanks, All! Wish me good fortune!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! Hope it works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck my dear! I will see if I can get a hold of someone for you - I will make a few calls and get back to you.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FQ-Thanks! You're a doll!
    H.S.- Thanks to you, too! I need all the suppport I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not a clue in the world, but wanted to wish you gooooood luck in your venture - especially since it would make me famous for "knowing" you, LOLOLOL :D

    Your work is amazing though, I bet you don't have trouble at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you the best of luck with your project. I'm sure it will work out for you! Unfortunately, I can't help you out for the manufacturing part but if you ever need a website, don't hesitate to knock at my door, I will be pleased to help you out for free!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.