Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Oma!

My Grandma's 102nd birthday is today! Hard to believe anyone can still be chugging along at that stage, but she surely is. 


She remains an inspiration to me, every day of my life. She is one of those people who never seems to waste time complaining (unlike me, to my chagrin), saying only, "No one would listen anyway!" with a big smile on her face.


For those of you who have said to yourselves, "Wow! 102! What she must have seen in her lifetime!" I have included a link to a timeline from 1909 to 2011, just to get y'all educated.


In other, less important news, I'm going to take a short break from blogging and attempt to get caught up around here. There is entirely too much to do before I open up my booth at Jack Russell Farm Brewery-including a few segments for Hauntcast, and I need to focus on that for a little bit. So, head back to the beginning and get in some mildly interesting summer reading... 


And when I come back, I have a giveaway comin' your way!

4 comments:

  1. Sending out a big Happy Birthday wish to your grandma! 102 - wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how cool is that? I remember swinging by her place once in a while with Charles, back in the day. Happy Birthday Oma! BTW, is that your dad in the pic? He was a cute little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your grandma!!

    Love the pictures....wow, that puts it in perspective.

    We will miss you while you are gone. Get everything in order, you will feel a lot better. :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, OMC, that is my dad! He was such a cutie. That was Venice, I believe, in 1943? Something like that.

    She's still a heck of a lady.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.