Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Three Months Old!

Happy Birthday to Hell Hound Samhain! I can't believe he's three months old already. It just doesn't seem possible!
 
 
Hard to believe he was this small six weeks ago!
Official puppy training class starts Saturday. The trainer informed us at the orientation to expect chaos on the first day, so I am prepared  for crazy puppy behavior! At home, he's about 98% consistent on his "sit" command, and maybe 75% or so on "come," though of course distractions have a lot to do with that. I have to separate him from the other dogs while I'm training him, or he can't be expected to focus. The other dogs, of course, whine, bark and generally carry on because I'm not in the room with them, but they'll get over it.


In other news, progress, though slow, continues in the "making stuff to sell for Hallowe'en" department. Below are one of my jackos-glazed and ready for firing, and a nice candy bowl, which will take me a while to complete. Keep in mind that I hand-paint three coats of glaze on each piece, and the more detail, the slower the going! The bowl is one of the largest I've been able to throw, and is nice and light. I probably should have thrown it a little thicker, but overall, I'm pretty happy with it.
I'll post them again when they're done, plus the plate I'm working on right now!

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww!!!!!!!!!! How adorable! Happy birthday little puppy!!!! (What a great name too. Samhain...I'm so naming one of our next animals something like that. Can't believe I didn't think of it sooner!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute pup. I remember when my lab was that small.

    They grow up so quickly.... (sniff)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little fur-baby is such a cutie and is growing so fast! And your new pieces look great.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.