Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Donations Needed

Folsom Parks and Recreation Ceramic Department needs your donations!


Most of you know that aside from Halloween, my passion is clay. I started with it a few years ago, and among all the amazing things I've been able to do because of it, I landed a job with my local Parks and Recreation.


Our Parks and Rec doubles as a Senior Center, so the seniors can stay off the streets and out of trouble! ;o) We have a number of different activities for all ages, such as photography, Chinese brush painting, Polynesian dance classes, and of course, various classes teaching techniques with clay.


And, of course, in this economy, Parks and Recreation has suffered budget cutbacks, just like everyone else. The ceramics department has been growing steadily, in spite of the cutbacks, but there are things we just can't cover right now. We're hoping that people local to us will be kind enough to donate the things on our wish list, or perhaps other clay things in good condition. 


If you think you can help us out, please check out our Craigslist ad and contact the City of Folsom Parks and Recreation Department through the ad.


Thanks, All! Public service announcement over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.