Monday, October 14, 2013

Aftermath

I know how you're feeling, lady.
It's been a few days since Josey left us, and the tears, while still coming, are coming slightly less frequently. Things neglected while dealing with the days leading up to her death are slowly making themselves known and the reigns of life are reluctantly being grasped again, albeit in somewhat indifferent hands.

I had plans to change the haunt this year, which may or may not happen. Fortunately, my concept was fairly simple and if I decide to get it done, it won't be overly hard to do.

Stewie is in his customary place in the front yard, but is in need of repair. He is, after all, only paper pache, shop towels and carpet glue, and was really not meant to last for this long--five years, now! Some of the blue of the shop towels are starting to show, but of course, only in the daylight. I may or may not get around to repairing him. My heart just isn't in it right now.

The premier of Halloween Home Haunts is at Heartstoppers Haunted House this weekend, and I will be in attendance. I may even hit Preston Castle on Friday night, to see my friend Cory of Nightmare Playgrounds do his scariest.

Then, of course, I have my Open House on Sunday, so Saturday will be spent getting ready for that. I have some ornaments and plates to finish up this week, which won't take long, and one last Raku firing to get some jacks finished up for then.

Life goes on, as they say.

4 comments:

  1. My dear, at this point what gets done, gets done. And if you need to take a break on an afternoon when you "should" be doing something else, you take a break, even if it's to do nothing but sit for a spell. This process will take it's time and you have to take care of yourself. Stewie has lasted this long, so he can wait if need be :)

    Big hugs from across the continent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your loss is the most important thing right now. I am so sorry. I know the crying, the heartbreak, the hell you are going through. Halloween is going to happen again, just with new friends, when you are ready. I am so sorry from the bottom of my heart. Hugs to you and yours. I hate the saying that life goes on, but it does. It doesn't happen without tears and heartbreak, but it does...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, unfortunately life does go on. If we could only stop it for just a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys.

    Mr. ShellHawk brought home my favorite picture of her yesterday and I ran in the house, sobbing. That is SO not me, and it's a bit scary to be so out of control of my emotions.

    I'm so peeved with her for not waiting until November. After all, she knows how busy I am this time of year! lol

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.