Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend Shenanigans, Part 1

This weekend was a whirlwind of activity here at the Nest. 

Even though I had to cancel on Hallowbaloo due to my hand injury, I still have Halloween and Vine to prep for, so of course, part of the weekend was doing just that.

Dorothea used
lorazapam to drug
her victims, not
Tic-Tacs, pictured
above.
But this weekend brought a couple of opportunities to take a break, too, something I seldom do this time of year. A friend of mine celebrated her birthday by visiting the Dorothea Puentes house in Sacramento, which was open for tours on Saturday.

Dorothea Puentes, for those who don't know, was a woman who ran a boarding house in Sacramento. She also had a habit of killing her older boarders, stealing their valuables and burying their corpses in the back yard. Not a sweet little old lady, to say the least! 

The arresting officer was on hand, along with the first reporter on the scene.




Dorothea, who was also a notorious barfly, trying to make her escape and failing.
 
Goodies were on hand, from the cookbook Dorothea wrote from prison.
  
One of the arresting officers.
 After, we hit The Shady Lady for brunch. 

It's a cozy little restaurant and bar in an old brick building. The food is good and the atmosphere convivial. Just a great place to have brunch and enjoy catching up with friends!

Part 2 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.