Friday, September 18, 2015

Weekend Shenanigans, Part 3

Well, it's been a couple of days over what I thought I would post this, but it's the busy season, right?

Well, anyway, once I got home from my Hallowe'en retail therapy excursion I sat down to my laptop to catch up on a few things and check on my Facebook feed. Turns out my buddy, Cory Hunt (Nightmare Playgrounds, Preston Castle) was teaching scare actor techniques just up the road from me, at Heartstoppers Haunted House!

I haven't had a chance to see him in a couple of years, and I know the owner of the haunt, Joel Watson (who was in the documentary Halloween Home Haunts with me a couple of years back), so a visit was in order!

With a regretful wave and a promise to be back shortly (which didn't happen, and you knew it wouldn't!), I piled back into the car and drove out to Heartstoppers.
I can't show you a whole bunch because I don't want to ruin their surprises, but I had to share the above window with you! Tissue paper over the window gets that great stained glass effect.
Of course, selfies with Cory were a requirement. We texted one over to the Davis Graveyard crew...
Heartstoppers current location is at an old arcade/miniature golf course. It's been abandoned for years and while they keep trying to sell or lease the property (it became an RV sales lot for a little while) they haven't had any luck. It works great for the haunted house, though, because of all these cool tunnels which run under the property!
There are a bunch of talented actors and artists. One of them painted this incredibly creepy mural:
The picture doesn't do it justice. It's very impressive in person!
 After they packed it in for the evening, I twisted some arms to get them to go to The Fat Rabbit in Folsom. It's a nifty place with reasonably priced, good food, craft beer and a convivial atmosphere. We had a blast! It was so wonderful to spend some time with "my people!"
 A last selfie with Cory and it was back home, much later than I'd expected, but with a happy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.