Friday, January 29, 2016

Kiln Fruit

A quick peek into the kiln, because I just couldn't wait to see!
Remember all those cups I stamped a while back? Well, I spent this past weekend glazing them and was finally able to unload the kiln on Wednesday afternoon!
 I am really pleased with the results, and I think I can honestly say this is the best kiln load, so far!
As you can see, there are some glaze drips to grind down, but not many, and nothing which will ruin the piece!
The only tragedy I had was the larger of the two teapots. I'll have to replace the lid since the original developed a glaze drip on the inside, which created a lip so that the lid couldn't be removed. As Gilda Radner said, "It's always something!"
Keep an eye out for these guys to be in my Etsy store soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.