Thursday, April 14, 2016

On Vacation...

We're taking a long-needed break in Kauai. We've both been working our tails off, plus 2015 brought some unforeseen challenges, so we deserve it! I got some shopping in yesterday after hitting the resort's gym (I feel pretty proud about sticking to my fitness program!), had a wonderful plate of coconut shrimp and mango chutney for lunch, got to see a Pacific Golden Plover in full breeding colors (which we don't get to see in California, because they don't breed there) and got to see a ton of the endangered Nene goose... It's been a good week!

Today we're off to see the botanical gardens and maybe get a little birding in. Mr. ShellHawk has his cap set to see the sky lark, so it's off for an adventure in birds!

But not until I work this plan to move to the Big Island for a year with him... ;)

1 comment:

  1. That's cool - I saw a pacific golden plover on the big island 5 years ago. It is a fun place to bird.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.