Monday, October 3, 2016

Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride

I was chit-chatting with a friend on Facebook and he brought this great article about the Bates Hotel and Haunted Hayride to my attention. (He's a scare actor there. He was totally asking my advice about, you know, character development and just everything. Hangs on my every word, really... ;))

I thought the picture above was a stark contrast to what the Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride does at night!

To me, the article spotlights two important things: one, that small farms in America are still struggling, and two, haunters are some of the most generous, helpful people on the planet.

Randy Bates and his family are doing their best to help other small farmers set up their own "agritourism" attractions so they, too, can make ends meet. I love that he's not thinking in terms of setting up his own competition. I love that he's coming from a place of generosity and caring.

I love haunters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.