Saturday, December 13, 2008

Bettie Page 4/22/1923-12/11/2008




Pinup girl icon, Bettie Page, passed away on December 11 at the age of 85. Page had suffered a heart attack nine days earlier, and had been in the hospital being treated for pneumonia for three weeks previous to that. Her family had agreed to take her off life support.

Photos included a spread in the January 1955 issue of Playboy magazine.

Page had become reclusive after a congressional investigation was launched after S & M photos were published of her. She also felt she wanted to end her pinup girl career on top. She refused to have photos taken of her afterwards.

Goodbye, Bettie. We'll miss you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.