Sunday, January 11, 2009

Haunted Hearse

In my deep visualization/meditation of how it will feel to take home a measly $25 million from the California Lottery, I have a fantasy.

After
I help my parents out with a home remodel, after we pay the last of our debts and set up our finances so that all the money isn't gone in a year, after we donate to charity, there is my pro haunt, which will also raise money for charity.

It
will be an indoor/outdoor haunt. It will be a cemetery, attached to a mausoleum. And there will be a hearse. An old, Victorian-style hearse, pulled by two black horses decked out in appropriate funeral tack through the streets in the hour before sunset. Silent, but for the sound of the clop-clop of horses' hooves on the pavement, and the sound of the casket within twitching and kicking, its tenant not dead yet. A ghostly driver, scanning the crowd for his next passenger. The light glints redly off the etched glass of the hearse as the sun flames a last time on the horizon and dies, just as it turns up the driveway and starts the final leg of its journey towards the mausoleum.


Scare Factory has done a masterful job on this design.

Hearse (wholesale, before 5/1/09): $7985.
Deluxe Golden Casket: $895.
Dancing Casket Rig: $495.
Terrorizing for charity: Priceless

1 comment:

  1. Scarefactory stuff is amazing. I have seen that piece at a show up close and personal, and well, cool as it is, I would not pay $8,000 for it. Oh, who am I kidding if I won the lottery, I would (but I wouldn't pay for it until it was delivered) Several nameless little birds gave me some advice when working with them :)

    Or a real one with I want treat yourself. I mean it if for charity after all.

    http://www.buggy.com/hearse.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.