Tuesday, February 10, 2009

VFX Awards Nominees

My dad is the co-chair on the Visual Effects Society. The VES is presenting their awards in a couple of weeks at a big bash they have every year. While I was visiting over the weekend, my dad showed me a couple of video segments that have been nominated, and I thought them pretty darn cool.
A Toshiba commercial:

It was made with a camera array that would make your head spin! Same kind of setup they used for The Matrix: an array of cameras set up in a circle around the actor in order to get the action from every angle. Very creative use of this, in my opinion.

And an interesting entry from Gnarls Barkley, "Who's Gonna Save My Soul?" Love the bleeding heart...
 

You can see the making of the video here. I don't have access to the making of the visual effects portion, which is actually more interesting to me than the actual shooting of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.