Friday, July 31, 2009

My Dad's New Book!

Well, now you know where all my amazing talent and good looks (I promise, I'm kidding!) come from: my dad!

For those of you who are new to my blog, and haven't obsessively read every post from the very beginning (you could do that now. We'll wait.), my dad was in the motion picture industry for many years. If you're around forty years old or a little older, there's a good chance you may have seen an academic film he made when he worked for Encyclopedia Britannica, on the topic of geology or perhaps other science.

Later in his career, he got into visual effects (pre-CG, guys!) and worked on films like Dune and Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures.

And now, this. It will be available soon, for those of you who are interested in learning how to produce visual effects for film and t.v. Sorry to torture those of you who don't-I'm just proud of my dad!

Oh, and the new Haunt Cast is up! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are just full of surprises there lady!! That is very, very cool.

    It must run in the family, look at you go!!

    BTW - I am in the middle (actually that is not true, more towards the beginning) of reading, from start to finish every follower on my blogs posts, from the first follower to the last....you are an early fan, so yours is coming up quick!

    Looking forward to listing to your Hauntcast tonight or Saturday when we are prop building. :)

    Did I say I was happy for you yet? Today? Cause I am! :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished listening to the new Hauntcast. Your segment was great! You're a natural :D

    And congrats to your dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a bunch, guys! I REALLY appreciate your kind words! Better yet, I know they're sincere.
    I know this sounds horribly Hollywood, but you're the reason I have pushed my creative envelope so much and am currently having such a great time!
    As a school chum says when asked how she's doing:
    "Living the dream, baby! Living the dream."

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVED hearing you on HC, Shell.... how AWESOME is it to be Famous?!?! :D

    Its gonna be one of my most favorite segments, so glad you are doing it!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.