Monday, July 27, 2009

A Post for the Frog Queen

This one's for you, Frog Queen!

While I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off (without the massive spurts of blood, of course), I went to plug in the small fountain we have in our outside entryway. I lifted the socket cover, and looked inside to see where I could plug it in. At first, I thought a leaf or a bug casing had gotten into the receptacle, but it turns out it was someone else.
I dragged Mr. ShellHawk outside, and he took one look, then ran back in the house for a book to i.d. the little feller. Turns out he (or she - it seemed rude to ask when we had just barely met) is a Pacific Tree Frog. Of course I snapped this pic for you guys.

I went back to look an hour or two later, and had to dash for my camera again. A little buddy had shown up. You can just see him behind the power cord.
I'll have to make a couple of frog houses for them soon. I love having them around. Maybe they'll do a concert on Halloween for my stirring witch...

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I am definately feeling the love! I feel very special! What a cutie!

    Thanks for thinking of me and taking good care of him/her. They love those little frog houses!!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.