Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Great Pumpkin Gift

The day before Halloween, one of my young helpers came by the house with a gift for me. Of course, she called first and teased me by telling me she had a Halloween gift for me-one that she said she made just for me. Of course I was intrigued. I mean, who doesn't want a Halloween gift made just for them?

I really didn't have any clue what it could be, so when she showed up with this painting and unveiled it with a flourish, I was pumped!
Since I took one photo of it with the flash and one without, I posted both, to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Honestly, though, the pictures don't do it justice. It looks far better in person. I plan to hang it in my home office, once I finish that project.

This young lady did some great work, and reminded me why it is so important to donate to the high school art department. She's a sophomore at the high school, and if this painting is any indication, an artist to watch in the future.

7 comments:

  1. yeah, this student has talent and beyond! what a special and truly wonderful gift...best of luck to this artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is Awesome! The Great Pumpkin was very good to you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is just beautiful, what a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What a fantastic gift :) MUCH better than scented candles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome gift! Hope to see more of this girl's work!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.