Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Loot

Christmas was a pretty good one this year. I got lots of useful loot! Aside from my husband, my dogs, and Christmas Ape getting some great ceramics-related stuff (plus a Blu-Ray copy of Nightmare Before Christmas) for me, I got some other great treats!

My Haunt Cast schwag- the best stein EVER! I have to say, I really love this thing, and it will have an honored place in my bar when not in use. You can buy your own Haunt Cast schwag here with that Christmas check Uncle Bernie gave you.

At my brother-in-law's request, I made him a garden gnome. His was stolen from out of his yard, probably by some drunken college kid. It took longer than I anticipated, as I'm an expert at making skulls, but not so good when there's skin on them. The first three heads I made looked an awful lot like Uncle Fester, then this one came out just fine. I was up until 1:00 AM the night before I left for L.A. getting him fired with his glaze applied, then the next day was all about painting his face and hands.



Brother in law was thrilled, then gave me a great gift!

Because, let's face it: a girl can never have too many Buckys!

It was great to go to L.A. for Christmas and see everyone (not to mention share drinks with insanely cute famous people!), but it was really great to get home, see our friends and dogs, and sleep in our own beds. This week's tasks include putting away the Christmas stuff, clearing out and arranging my studio space in the Garage of Doom, and getting back to finding a job and working in the studio. I'm hoping this will be a banner year for us, and for all of you, too

4 comments:

  1. One day, ONE DAY, I will own a Bucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice loot! (You are very talented lady!)

    So true, no matter how many Buckys I buy each year....I am out before Halloween. Now I know where there is a spare! :D

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my first Bucky this year....now I am addicted!

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.