Thursday, April 28, 2011

Jack-o'-Lantern Patterns


Image via Hub Pages
Not that anyone who reads my blog the eleven other months of the year would need these, but I ran across the above photo and thought I would share the site. They have an article including links to some free jack-o'-lantern patterns and some suggestions for nifty tools you can use for your next pumpkin massacre.

I find it both exciting and sad that pumpkin carving needs a guide these days. I mean, half the fun of pumpkin carving with my dad when I was a kid was making up my own face. On the other hand, there are some really great patterns out there, and the actual artistry being shown on pumpkins these days is pretty amazing. I just hope that people don't get the idea that they have to be a great sculptor in order to carve a jack-o-lantern.

Find more free jack-o-lantern patterns here. There are more at Fantasy Pumpkins, too.

1 comment:

  1. Yea, I like doing all of my jacko carving by free hand, it shows the mood I am in at that time. Was never really crazy about using a pattern.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.