Saturday, November 26, 2011

Small Business Saturday: A Shameless Plug for My Business

It seems like yesterday, it was Hallowe'en, but here it is, two days after Thanksgiving! (I just can't believe it!) That means the "other holiday" is just around the corner.
In celebration thereof, I'd like to thank the guy who came up with the concept of Small Business Saturday, whomever he (or she, come to think of it) is. What a great idea! Take a minute out of your Christmas buying frenzy and buy something from a small business. Like ShellHawk's Creations, for instance. Just throwin' it out there...


Seriously, though, although the big corporations employ a lot of people and are helping to keep the economy afloat by manufacturing bunches of stuff for us to buy, I think it's important to support small businesses who are run by people like you and me. Why? Because for the most part, we still make great products and don't want to use the consumer as quality control. Because when you buy from us, you're supporting people who still buy their own groceries rather than send "their people" out to do it for them, and are coaching their kids' soccer teams. You're supporting people just like you. And that's pretty darn cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.