Friday, June 22, 2012

Pumpkins Progress

I've been sweating in my studio for a few days, trying to get prepared for the upcoming season. I can't help but feel like I'm just running too far behind to ever catch up the way I'd like, but what the hell! I'll keep on chugging, anyway.


These guys on the top two shelves are eventually going to be Raku jack-o'-lanterns. I'm hoping that in a couple of hours, they'll be firm enough to trim, and then carve. 


After they dry, I'll go over them again with a special file that takes off the little blebs and blobs that take away from the looks of the pumpkins. After they come out of the first firing, I'll figure out the colors. I know I'll do one or two pumpkins in a white crackle, and after that, we'll see where whim takes me!
The little guys on the very bottom are drying so they can be part of a chandelier I've been rehabbing. I still have all the original glass globes and the large shade for that one, so that when it's not Hallowe'en, you can just put the other shades back on if you want to. Can't wait to see how that turns out!


Well, back to the studio!

1 comment:

  1. Chandelier idea sounds awsome! Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.