Thursday, May 22, 2014

Busy, Busy!

This week was a continuation of the whole, "Good news, bad news" streak I seem to be in. I got some stuff underglazed this week, and ready for firing. I'm trying out some new designs, so things aren't to the autopilot stage, yet, but I still felt good about the progress.
 Unfortunately, these guys got overfired, a problem I've had for the last couple of kiln loads in my old Cress kiln. I finally tracked down what I'm 99% sure is the problem yesterday, and I think I've got it licked! Yay, me! I'm not sure if I can save the work, which is somewhat damaged, but we'll see. At the very least, I know how these underglazes behave!

I'm off to L.A. for the weekend, and was going to catch a screening of "Jaws" at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery, but it looks like it's sold out already! Dang it! Oh, well. I'll have to find something else to do. It's always a great chance to catch up with my L.A. peeps and my dad, so how can it be anything but great?

Well, back to work. Have a great weekend making cool things, kids!

2 comments:

  1. In love with Boo mug and hope you can save it! It never times out right when we are in town to make it to that cemetery its been on my list for years. Safe travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these designs! I better bring the BIG checkbook to Halloween & Vine.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.