Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Cliffs---of INSANITY!!!

She's alive! ALIVE!!!
To say that it's been busy, prepping for Scare LA, searching for a job, having my tiny business audited by the I.R.S., is to make a pretty hefty understatement. 

When I noticed this morning I haven't posted anything for a couple of weeks, I could only sigh and remind myself that the blog is not on the priorities list right now. Making product and getting everything ready for the show (and my accountant) is at the top of the list, with looking for a job running a close second.

The great news is, the new kiln is running like a champ. I've had friends over to help me glaze so I can have as much ready for Scare LA as possible, and they worked their butts off in 105 degree weather to give me a leg up. The results have been great!
I found myself praying "The Bride" would make it through o.k. I had nightmare visions of the plate twisting in the heat of the kiln and splitting, like the one in this post from last year. I spent about eight hours painting the glazes on to get her to look right, and I would have been crushingly disappointed, to say the least!
I was pleased to see that at last, one of my large bowls turned out well, plus some of the mugs I put in at the last minute. (There's another load of high-fire stoneware mugs and pint glasses in the kiln as we speak, and I may leave for L.A. tomorrow, rather than Friday, as originally planned, so, sort of worried about them cooling off in time to pack them and take them with me!)

In any case, I hope to see some of you there. My booth is 415. I'll be teaching my class around 2:30 or so on Saturday afternoon, so don't look for me in my booth between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! I wish you could be there, too. I'm sure you'd love it!
    Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to meeting you in person (and buying!!)

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.