Monday, November 10, 2014

Moving Right Along...

I say every year that once Hallowe'en is over, it's a greased slide kind of ride to the New Year (even though for those of the Pagan persuasion, Hallowe'en is New Year's!). Everyone gets busier and busier, and the inevitable "Have you gotten your shopping done, yet?" question is asked. 

Someone asked me yesterday, to which I honestly replied, "I haven't even thought about it!" 

Heck, I still have Hallowe'en decorations to put away! My excuse is that I need help to put away the stragglers, since I'm not supposed to be lifting anything with my bum shoulder. (More on that in a minute.)

But, since I'm a giver, I have managed to get some of my ornaments into the ShellHawk's Creations Etsy store. I have a limited number of Hallowe'en-themed ornaments which will be going in this week, plus some ornament dessert dishes and a few serving plates, too.

Please buy them! :)

In other news, it turns out I need to have surgery on my shoulder to repair the tear I have. Can I tell you how thrilled I wasn't to hear that delightful news? I'm told it's a three-month recovery and it can be done arthroscopically, so it's not as bad a time as when I got my feet done this time last year and earlier this year. I just worry that I won't be able to go back to throwing.

Of course, in celebration of knowing what's wrong and knowing I'll be going in for surgery, I'm going to do some throwing to replace the product I've sold this year. I potentially have a studio assistant (I need to give him a call this week!) to get some of the harder physical labor done around the studio before I go in for surgery, which will be a huge help! I have clay to be reclaimed and some plaster bats to be mixed and poured (no, they're not the kind of bat with wings!), plus a few other odd jobs. I just need to take it easy and listen to my body where making things is concerned, and not go overboard.

Well, onward with the week, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Hope you surgery goes well - I know many people who have had it. Recovery takes awhile but they all recovered eventually and got full range of motion back without any more chronic pain.

    ReplyDelete

In order to protect my readers, I screen all comments. Spammers will immediately have their comments deleted, so please, if you are a spammer, just go away. I will promote your blog or site if I know you, but if not, please accept my invitation to the world.